POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Height field bug found and fixed : Re: Height field bug found and fixed Server Time
28 Jul 2024 06:20:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Height field bug found and fixed
From: Slime
Date: 8 Oct 2002 18:24:54
Message: <3da35b36@news.povray.org>
> No need to rush.  I prefer code with little changes in order to be able to
> track what was actually changed...

OK. I don't plan on undoing all the changes, but some of them. If you want
it before I release it, just ask.

> BTW, there is a list at <http://www.povray.org/download/3.5-bugs.php> and
as
> you seem to have plenty of time (aren't there any midterms at RPI?) .....

Oh, you mean like the 4-hour midterm I have tomorrow? Heh heh heh... =)

(How do you know I go to RPI?)

I thought I would work on the triangle mesh 'bugs' described in the FAQ
first. (Actually, working on the normal flipping bug is what brought me to
this one.) Some of those bugs on the known bugs page are pretty obscure, and
I haven't seen them myself. But I'll look into some of them eventually, I'm
sure. I figure that a lot of them will disappear when 4.0 is created,
though.

 - Slime
[ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]